Even though nearly 100 years have passed since the birth of prawn aquaculture, there were no such prawn cooperative associations. However, the council was established in 2016 in a timely manner―a system for aquaculture companies to collaborate for the first time. Tachikawa took part as a guest speaker for their first meeting, which drew to establishing "Aioebi" together with Yamaguchi City for two years. We designed a place for dialogue between dealers while organizing regional issues for this location.
1. Have name of the city remembered by the brand name “Aioebi”.
2. Create a regional industry as a brand of cultured prawns.
3. Develop local gourmets where local inns and shops can easily participate.
4. Revive summer shrimp farming and create local industries.
5. Aim for certification authentication of sustainable aquaculture.
6. To not only be known as the birthplace of aquaculture technology, but also uncover from the history the possibility of being the origin of shrimp farming.
7. Efforts will be made to revive natural shrimp farming, including the revetment environment.
8. Sponsor prawns as lunch for the local children.
The eight items above propose as strategies, where each project is underway as a working group, under the facilitation of Tachikawa.